The PROTECT 2019 Steering Committee cordially invites you to the Seventh International Colloquium on Performance, Protection and Strengthening of Structures under Extreme Loading and Events. PROTECT 2019 will bring together academics, industry personnel and practitioners from around the world to deliberate on the most up-to-date international research findings in this rapidly advancing field.
The primary objective of PROTECT 2019 is to provide a platform for students, faculty, producers, designers, builders and consultants to acquaint themselves with cutting-edge research. The ultimate aim of PROTECT 2019 is to enable cross-fertilization of ideas such that our structures become safer under extreme loading and events
Call for Papers
PROTECT 2019 is accepting manuscripts in the following areas:
- Performance of structures:
- Under impact loading, blast and explosive loading, fire, and seismic loading
- Strengthening of structures for extreme loading:
- Assessment of structural condition
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Coatings and surface treatments
- Strengthening and repair methods
- Retrofitting for seismic loading
- Fire protection
- Performance of materials under extreme loading:
- Constitutive response under high strain-rates
- Influence of low and high temperatures (fire)
- Cyclic and other dynamic loading
- Testing methods, standardization and performance criteria
- Structural management and protection:
- Protection concepts and design
- Sensor development and signal processing
- Structural health monitoring (SHM) and sensing
- Data analytics and big-data, applied to SHM
- Machine learning and active controls
- Cyber-physical interfaces
- Early warning systems
PROTECT 2019 will be held in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. Whistler, the venue of the 2010 Winter Olympics, is known for its scenic views, ski resorts and friendly people. The city is located approximately two hours from Vancouver International Airport. Transport is available by shuttle or rental car from the airport. Shopping, lively restaurants and nightlife are popular amenities in Whistler.
The Whistler Conference Centre ensures top-notch facility. It served as the Accredited Media Centre for 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Whistler.
Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre is consistently ranked the #1 Mountain Resort in North America. It features a wide range of seasonal and year-round activities in our beautiful destination Whistler.
The Village Centre Resort
The Mountainside Resort
Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside is consistently ranked the #1 Mountain Resort in North America. Located steps from the Gondolas of Whistler’s mountainside, the award-winning, all-suite, Pan Pacific Mountainside is Whistler’s best address.